Saturday, November 17, 2012

Testing Einstein's Brain... Sorta...

So, one of the things I've got in-house for review is the 8GB Einstein Mimobot USB Memory Stick. In the process of testing it, I thought I'd try using it as a ReadyBoost device for Windows 7. A little research showed me that the minimum speed for a device to be used as a ReadyBoost device is 2.5 MB/s read for 4 KB random reads and 1.75 MB/s write speeds for 512 KB random writes. (Thanks, Wikipedia.)

Also, Wikipedia listed the commands to run to test a flash drive to see what its speed was to determine fitness to being pressed into service as a ReadyBoost drive.

I tested ol' Einstein, and I'm pleased as punch to say he passed with flying colors...

8GB Einstein Mimobot Read / Write Speeds, as tested:

Read: 4.64 MB/s
Write: 2.57 MB/s

Learning disability, indeed...